Thursday, January 10, 2013

Not Dying...Weird!

Well...I'm closing on the fourth day of my "Veagalicious" (I decided to give Vegan a new name that fits me more. Ha!) lifestyle change. AND...I'm still alive! More importantly, I haven't snapped from my lack of animal spirits whom visited me multiple times a day.

The days have actually passed fairly easily and I find as long as I don't spend my time looking at coupons filled with lots of pictures of perfectly cut meat or think about the things I miss, I'm OK. I'm still eating plenty of things I like and crave. Granted, I have kept a little bit of dairy into the mix of things (I have a mad obsession with Chobani Greek Yogurt--even if it does make my stomach hurt!). I've been keeping a food journal using the My Fitness Pal app on my iPhone. That thing is super easy to use and I can use the barcode scanner to easily add food I've eaten. There's even a section to keep track of your water intake and your workouts! I'm not sure how accurate the calories burned is, but I thought it was pretty neat!

Although I haven't noticed a huge difference in my weight (I am slightly obsessed with getting on the scale--such a bad habit that I need to break!), I do feel like I have a little bit more energy and I've been sleeping great at night! For years I've struggled with insomnia. I usually have to take melatonin to wind my body down at the end of my day. I haven't had to do that at all since I've started this diet. I was amazed! OK--and let me clarify, I am NOT a fan of those cheesy infomercials where the actors and actresses totally fake everything and say the product is amazing when they probably haven't even tried it! So, you can trust me when I say the things I do about this diet. I wouldn't lie to ya'll, what's the point to that?

So, I guess we continue on this journey and see how everything ends up. I do know I need to get some more vegan-friendly recipies and start venturing out there with my food choices because if I don't, I'm going to resort to yelling at the McDonald's drive-thru lady demanding a cow and probably get thrown in jail. Let's not do that. :)

"It took more than a day to gain the weight, I'll take more than one to lose it."

2 comments:

  1. Are you cutting out desserts too? That gets me more than the actual animal flesh part. I can do without meat, but I do love sugar and cheeses. That's when I have to grit my teeth a bit. By the way, when I did this before for 6 weeks, I only lost 5 or so pounds, but I wasn't counting calories or anything else. Very gradual, which was fine with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go insane if I had to give up my chocolate!! I can stay on track and let myself had some bites of chocolate each day, usually what I do is buy some dark chocolate in the bulk section of the grocery store and keep it in my freezer. I don't ever go overboard on eating it all at once this way! Like you I tend to want to get on that scale everyday too, and I know it's not all about the number, so glad to see that you are feeling better and sleeping. This is a great start!

    ReplyDelete