Monday, January 7, 2013

Clarifications

Soooo...just a bit of clarification because I left some out of my inital blog that I thought I typed in there.

I am not following this diet to a "T". I will be consuming some dairy products (like Greek Yogurt). I am just trying to cut all meat when I'm preparing my meals at home. I won't be one of those annoying dieters who insists on not coming over to someone's home because they are cooking meat.

A lot of people in the last two days have said, "Oh well you're a vegan!" after telling them about my new lifestyle approach. I guess I am? But I don't really like that whole "vegan" term. I LOVE meat and dairy and all the animals that produce these for us, so vegan is a foreign term to me (my dad would ground me for telling him I'm a vegan--kidding?).

So there you have it people! I just want to test this out for a couple weeks and see how my body responds. I don't plan on starving myself to lose this weight, I love food too much for that.

Thanks for following me and encouraging me on my journey! :)

2 comments:

  1. You know what's funny? I thought about your dad when I was reading your post.. Ohhh he loves his animal products!

    I'm like you, I don't get too crazy with it all. I recognize plant-based foods feed my body well and am trying to follow that predominantly. But like you, if I'm out to eat or at someone's house, no way am I going to make them conform to my eating preference. That gets too weird-- and rude.

    It's a way to focus on health, not a religion. Oh-- for inspiration (it's on Netflix if you have it) watch the documentary Forks over Knives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he sure does, Julie! He considers bacon a food group. :P

    I will look that up since I do have Netflix! :)

    ReplyDelete