Saturday, January 19, 2013

Na na na na...hey hey hey, Goodbye Fat!



Good morning, everyone! Today when I woke up, I planned on sleeping in and being lazy since I don't have to be at work until later this afternoon (after 5 mornings of 6am at work--a girl needs her beauty rest!) however I got my lazy tooishy out of bed and greeted the day. And what a day it is! First, the sun is shinning and the skies are a deep blue today. It warmed my whole body, even my heart a little, when I took the puppy out for a bathroom break. I love when the sun comes out and it feels like it might be getting closer to spring (ok--that's me being a little hopeful. It's still January in Denver.)

After coming back inside, I got on the scale thinking I'd gained a pound since yesterday I didn't eat much of anything good (breakfast was a pastry and a protein bar, lunch was 5 bites of a salad I hated and tasted like nothing and a couple peanut butter cookies, dinner was healthy with my first attempt at eating tofu--I fried it in soy sauce and added it to my noodle and veggie stir-fry. and dessert, well--let's just say I have a major weakness for chocolate and peanut butter cups. So, I was doubtful I had lost anything even though that was my only day of weakness this week. BUT, I got on the scale--2 more pounds down!! That brings my total weight loss to 8 pounds nearing the end of my 2nd week of veganism!



After seeing what 5 pounds of fat looked like (and knowing I have lost 8!), motivated my workout for today. I used my The Biggest Loser Power Walk DVD and walked 2 miles with the low-impact things they incorporate to get my heart-rate up! I sweated lots of got my heart-rate up there and I felt great afterwards, plus it's low-impact for my bad knees which is great!

**Always believe in yourself and never say never!**








2 comments:

  1. Great job Ash!! just make sure you keep picking those healthy items! I know salads aren't fun, I get tired of them too by the end of the week. The carbs are something our body craves, I find that I struggle in the evening. I don't think about food so much until the end of the day. Keep it up your doing so great!!!

    ReplyDelete